Sunday 29 April 2012

My support gear, and more of my pelican.

I would like to tell you a bit about my support gear. Because I use a heavy lens, I invested in a gimbal head. But, I needed a better tripod, and with the dollar being so good, and with good recommendations from top bird photographers like Maxis Gomez, I bought an Induro carbon fibre tripod from BNH. I love it. I also updated my monopod with a very strong manfrotto, and put on it an Induro tension ball head. That has been the best investment I have made. What a strong head that is, and the tension controls are great. No more flopping like with the old ballhead. I have the bhd2, and I also use that with my 800. I love the freedom of a monopod, and in certain circumstances, is a great way to shoot.
I also invested in a lowpro passport sling bag, for when I only need to carry a small amount of gear with me, and it is so comfortable, and easy to access. I rarely carry my backpack now, and can grab what I need straight away.

Anyway, back to my pelican. Here are some more images from last saturday when I took the other shots I posted last week. The weather has been miserable since, the only sunny day was when I was shooting the polocross (which was really lucky), so fingers crossed for some sun this week.









I love this photos, just so cute!!




No comments:

Post a Comment