Saturday 3 September 2011

Broome and Sea Lions

I am off to Broome tomorrow, staying at the bird observatory. I hope to get myself the shore birds. I have bought a new gimbal head, and a skimmer dish, for low angle photography, so here's hoping!

Back to New Zealand.......
After the oyster catchers departed, I set out again and found these guys. One was leaving, and another came in, and walked around a bit. I did not like to get too close, though a local did get up quite close. I would have preferred a lower angle, but the background made it a bit difficult. Next time I hopefully will get better images, the sort that were in my mind, but didn't quite eventuate.

                                                                            Heading out


 Just came in


Having a mild tussel over territory



Yuck!








2 comments: